All life starts in water,
Many fun and healthy activities are linked to water,
As are quite a few fears and hurdles.
Unfortunately, a few accidents are linked to water as well.
Our body is 80% water.
Humans are naturally attracted to this liquid element. During our embryotic life, we are not scared of it, we just peacefully float in that warm water. Some of us become good swimmers, some of us not as good. Some of us get blockages at their young age through bad experiences, or bad experiences of others, or some were simply told that water is a dangerous place to be.
As time goes by, non-swimmers often realize:
- how much water-linked fun they miss,
- that they can’t fully enjoy their seaside holiday with friends or family
- their loss of self confidence
- that they are passing on their own fear of water to their children – and that they will become in turn the source of their fear of water.
We all have a reason why we can’t swim as well as a reason why we want to learn it. The tendency is that the more we wait, shame, regret and pressure grow. Years pass by and often people believe that it’s too late for them.
It’s never too late or impossible!
The key is to take off pressure and make peace with our status quo. We must respect the causes of our shortcomings.
As for the future, everyone has a choice! Not everyone wants to or needs to swim and that is totally fine. But for those who want to learn, here are a few thoughts:
- Learning to swim isn’t dangerous!!
- Look for an experienced swimming teacher, he or she will guarantee that you will be safe.
- Don’t just try, follow through and go for it all the way
- Decide, commit, and accept to do all the swimming lessons.
- Stagnations are normal, don’t stress and never have negative words or thoughts!
- Note only your progress!
- After each swimming lesson, recognize your accomplishments and be proud of yourself.
- If you are losing your motivation, remind yourself why swimming is important to you.
If you follow this, you give your brain a vector and you will succeed! I wish you to get what you are looking for!